Forum 2.0

Replies

• hai santosh

thank you for the reply.

actually i would like to know the mobile messenger testing. not with repect to the application.

my question;

how u do mobile testing:

how u connect the mobile to test the app. using virtual machines?

how u connect the virutal machines to test the app

we dont test in on the mobile in real time. we do it thru some virtual m/c where we load/install/setup the environment

please can u tell me hoe to set up the environment to test the mobile messenger.

hope u understood what i actually wanted?

thank you

neelima talluri
  • Hi neelima,

Looks like you are working with Messenger application-if so,
    1)Test the application on computer/mobile,will include-
    Registration,Add Contacts,delete contacts,Change status-Available,Busy,Away,offline,chat conversation,Block contact,etc.Login on Mobile app- user 1 MSN and then try to login same on another PC.

I would like to start on Computer to Test -Messenger functionality,Then move toward mobile with repeating test cases pass/fail on computer.

Mobile app uses api which interfere defined functionality.

If possible pls clear out more your question.
  • thank you santosh

I saw this web site ....looks good.

But santosh...my doubt is something real time scenario.

I mean I worked on writing test cases for MSN Messenger on mobile. But was moved to another project when the actual testing started. So I missed the real time connection between the mobile and the project.

I mean: we have to test the application (eg: MSN Messenger) on a mobile. How do we test it.

Like how do we connect mobile to app. is it loading the app into the mobiel thru some share point portal server. Will we test the mobile like how we are using the mobile on hand. ir d o we test it on screen of computer and confirm it is working good on mobile.

Hope my question is clear.

thank you

Neelima Talluri

Santosh Ghogare said:
    Thanks Neelima-

This is good link for sample test cases for mobile application
    http://mobileappstesting.com/category/test-cases/

Sure this will help out-

Best regards,
    Santosh
  • Thanks Neelima-

This is good link for sample test cases for mobile application
    http://mobileappstesting.com/category/test-cases/

Sure this will help out-

Best regards,
    Santosh
  • Santosh

this sounds interesting. But can you provide some real time examples of how we write test cases for mobile application testing.

Procedures we use to do mobile app testing

any sample test plan/ test cases

thank you

Neelima Talluri
  • Please share your knowledge in BREW Mobile Testing.I have always found BREW very interesting due to commitment of Qality from QUALLCOMM.

Santosh Ghogare said:
    Thanks Ramireddy,

We too works on Qualcomm Project.Can you please provide US an guidance referral or Testing procedure(If You Can) for same.

Platform- Brew MP.

Here is small achievement we made -with Qualcomm.(In NEWS).

Please Click on Link below-

To see how can mobile can be gracefully utilize to work in medical sector
    http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/4300286/qualcomm-to-produce-wearable....

Thanks in advance-
    Santosh.G.
  • Thanks Ramireddy,

We too works on Qualcomm Project.Can you please provide US an guidance referral or Testing procedure(If You Can) for same.

Platform- Brew MP.

Here is small achievement we made -with Qualcomm.(In NEWS).

Please Click on Link below-

To see how can mobile can be gracefully utilize to work in medical sector
    http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/4300286/qualcomm-to-produce-wearable....

Thanks in advance-
    Santosh.G.
  • Hi guys its nice to join this conversation.....by the way myself Ramireddy...n i would love to join this conversation...I m working as QA tester in Electronic Arts(BREW)... Actually we follow certain procedure for testing mobile applications. We follow the checklists which are approved by QUALCOMM. We will follow all the test cases manually..
  • Great!

Santosh Ghogare said:
    Run the Application on the Windows Mobile Emulator
    • Open Visual Studio 2008 (Choose VC++ applications), click Tools – Device Emulator Manager
    • You will see Windows Mobile 6 Professional SDK. If you don’t see this, reinstall Windows Mobile 6 Professional SDK
    • In Device Emulator Manager, right click on Windows Mobile 6 Professional Emulator. Click ‘Connect’: it will open up the emulator.
    • Open Windows Mobile Device Centre (Start – Programs – All Programs). Once it is open, in the Device Emulator Manager, right click on Windows Mobile 6 Professional Emulator and click ‘Cradle’. By choosing ‘Cradle’, the Windows Mobile Emulator/Device will be able to use the resources (such as the internet) of your PC.
    • In Windows Mobile Device Centre, change the connection settings. In ‘Allow connections to one of the following’ you need to choose “DMA” and keep all the checkboxes as selected. Choosing DMA or other options will depend on the connection type. Once this is done, you will see that the Windows Mobile Device Centre is showing the status as connected.
    • In Emulator, choose Internet Explorer and try to open a website. If it worked all went fine.
    • As we already have the cab file with us (done in the ‘Windows Mobile Environment Setup’ section above) it’s now time to deploy it into the WM emulator.
    • On Emulator, click File – Configure. The last option is a shared folder. Here browse for the folder containing the cab file, that is, wm6p, and click OK.
    • On Emulator, go to Programs – File Explorer – Storage Card. You will be able to see the application you configured. Click on this application and its installation will get started.
    • After installation, the application will be available in the programs and you can run it.
  • Run the Application on the Windows Mobile Emulator
    • Open Visual Studio 2008 (Choose VC++ applications), click Tools – Device Emulator Manager
    • You will see Windows Mobile 6 Professional SDK. If you don’t see this, reinstall Windows Mobile 6 Professional SDK
    • In Device Emulator Manager, right click on Windows Mobile 6 Professional Emulator. Click ‘Connect’: it will open up the emulator.
    • Open Windows Mobile Device Centre (Start – Programs – All Programs). Once it is open, in the Device Emulator Manager, right click on Windows Mobile 6 Professional Emulator and click ‘Cradle’. By choosing ‘Cradle’, the Windows Mobile Emulator/Device will be able to use the resources (such as the internet) of your PC.
    • In Windows Mobile Device Centre, change the connection settings. In ‘Allow connections to one of the following’ you need to choose “DMA” and keep all the checkboxes as selected. Choosing DMA or other options will depend on the connection type. Once this is done, you will see that the Windows Mobile Device Centre is showing the status as connected.
    • In Emulator, choose Internet Explorer and try to open a website. If it worked all went fine.
    • As we already have the cab file with us (done in the ‘Windows Mobile Environment Setup’ section above) it’s now time to deploy it into the WM emulator.
    • On Emulator, click File – Configure. The last option is a shared folder. Here browse for the folder containing the cab file, that is, wm6p, and click OK.
    • On Emulator, go to Programs – File Explorer – Storage Card. You will be able to see the application you configured. Click on this application and its installation will get started.
    • After installation, the application will be available in the programs and you can run it.
This reply was deleted.
    results->result as $result) { ?>
  1. jobtitle;?>
    company;?>(formattedRelativeTime;?>)city;?>, state;?>

APPIUM

Blockchain Testing

Welcome to Mobile QA Zone, a Next Generation Software Testing Community.Invite your friends to join this community.Write to us to become a featured member.