Forum 2.0

Hi all,

How much effective are your mobile applications ? Which page of your applications are being used most ?

All these questions are very important for product owners, in order to enhance the product ; to have maximum ROI. How all this is achived in mobile space. This is called as Web Analytics.

I had chance to work on copule of products and they are Omniture tracking and Fiksu.
Both of these products can be integrated in your application (can be integrated in native as well as Web ). Using these you can easily measure which page/functionality is used most. The report is generated based on the tags defined in your application. As soon as we hit the page, tag count will be incremented.

Just thought of share. Request you all to add if i have missed something OR add if you have more information on this.

Thanks,
Vaibhav

You need to be a member of Mobile QA Zone to add comments!

Join Mobile QA Zone

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• KP rocks :), thanks for the image

Vaibhavraj Jadhav said:

Thanks Kushal. 

Kushal Puri said:

@Vaibhav : In that project, i have verified various metrics based upon different scenarios like e.g.

event 1 variable for login sucess...

event 8 for login failure...

prop 21 while using navigation of website

prop 23 for error type

@ DVY :  Here is the information i searched on the net.. hope it helps !!!

3040111245?profile=original

• Thanks Suresh.

Suresh Varma P said:

In addition to the above discussions, I would like to add couple of analytics used popularly.

- Core Metrics (IBM)

- Localytics

I have also worked in checking with Omniture tagging and Google Analytics and the best in the industry as per my knowledge is Core Metrics (Product of IBM) its integration features provides all minute activities done within the app or mobile site. 

Above tracking can be tested for Android using DDMS tool - by filtering the log you can verify the events triggered and the respective screen/page names reflected within the tag and sections and sub sections of the app.

For iPhone you can make use of either iPhone Configuration Utility tool (windows/mac) and Organizer tool (Only for mac users) to check with the logs, also to make sure that the same is conveyed to developer to provide a debug build for testing analytics.

Thanks,

Varma

• Thanks Kushal. 

Kushal Puri said:

@Vaibhav : In that project, i have verified various metrics based upon different scenarios like e.g.

prop 23 for error type

3040108617?profile=original

• In addition to the above discussions, I would like to add couple of analytics used popularly.

- Core Metrics (IBM)

- Localytics

I have also worked in checking with Omniture tagging and Google Analytics and the best in the industry as per my knowledge is Core Metrics (Product of IBM) its integration features provides all minute activities done within the app or mobile site. 

Above tracking can be tested for Android using DDMS tool - by filtering the log you can verify the events triggered and the respective screen/page names reflected within the tag and sections and sub sections of the app.

For iPhone you can make use of either iPhone Configuration Utility tool (windows/mac) and Organizer tool (Only for mac users) to check with the logs, also to make sure that the same is conveyed to developer to provide a debug build for testing analytics.

Thanks,

Varma

• @Vaibhav : In that project, i have verified various metrics based upon different scenarios like e.g.

prop 23 for error type

3040108422?profile=original

• Hi Vaibhav,

Informative discussion, 

Whats the advantage of these tools over Google analytics ?

regards,

DVY

• Thanks Vaibhav,

I'll definitely read it when i'll get time........it seems very interesting topic to me.....

Vaibhavraj Jadhav said:

@ Sandeep and Kushal - You are correct, thats the most popular product in Market currently.

@ Kushal - Can you please explain more @ what you did exactly using firefox browser with firebug.

@ Sonal - Omniture is company by Adobe, they have a product called as Omniture Site Catalyst. This product can be integrated in your Mobile App as well as native applications. So if you have website and as well as mobile application , then both of these can be achived using single product. The product i.e. Omniture Site Catalyst will define the tags for each page/functionality, these will be added at client level. This information will be passed to Omniture and counts will be added. More info can be found at http://www.omniture.com/en/products/analytics/sitecatalyst. Along with the tags, it must be providing API's as well; but i am not very sure @ this.

Any more info you need, pls let me know.

Thanks,

Vaibhav

• @ Sandeep and Kushal - You are correct, thats the most popular product in Market currently.

@ Kushal - Can you please explain more @ what you did exactly using firefox browser with firebug.

@ Sonal - Omniture is company by Adobe, they have a product called as Omniture Site Catalyst. This product can be integrated in your Mobile App as well as native applications. So if you have website and as well as mobile application , then both of these can be achived using single product. The product i.e. Omniture Site Catalyst will define the tags for each page/functionality, these will be added at client level. This information will be passed to Omniture and counts will be added. More info can be found at http://www.omniture.com/en/products/analytics/sitecatalyst. Along with the tags, it must be providing API's as well; but i am not very sure @ this.

Any more info you need, pls let me know.

Thanks,

Vaibhav

• I recently did the site catalyst testing by using the Firefox browser with Firebug - omnibug and user agent add-ons to check the parameter list based upon various scenarios..

Adobe Site Catalyst product my.omniture.com is also used to track the web analytics of a site. Here you have options for checking the hits on Mobile Devices also....

Regards

Kushal Puri

• We are working on Omniture tracking.. its great way to track your application (Native Apps & Web).

Omniture provides info in Pageviews(Date and Time) & which devices were much in use (HTC,Iphone,Andriod & other devices) as well.

All these are very important for product owners to track and analyze there business needs.

Sandeep.M

This reply was deleted.
    results->result as $result) { ?>
  1. jobtitle;?>
    company;?>(formattedRelativeTime;?>)city;?>, state;?>

APPIUM

Blockchain Testing

Welcome to Mobile QA Zone, a Next Generation Software Testing Community.Invite your friends to join this community.Write to us to become a featured member.