Fundamentally there are 4 types of Bpoints:

Type 1: Memory Leak

Type 2: Not releasing BREW Interfaces

Type 3: Double Delete

Type 4: Forgot

If anyone of u have encountered the above mentioned Memory Leak types could u let me know how efficiently can we detect these leaks. And what stage of STLC is this taken up ??

You need to be a member of Mobile QA Zone to add comments!

Join Mobile QA Zone

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks for the reply, i have been using QXDM professional to identify Memory leaks. But the references that we will be able to see in the QXDM logs does not directly point you to the root cause even though it does provide u the amount of memory wastage that has happened along witht the address. So in case of emulator also we will be provided with the references.
    But in cases where the function calls will be happening internally (through dll, callback methods, etc) these logs which will be pointing to a particular reference will not be of much help. We need to debug manually which again is a cumbersome process and may or may not be fruitful in the end.
  • From a QA point of view I think they can test it on emulator with the output window of emulator being open.
    Once you exit the application, the output window displays the memory usage statistical data with memory leak statements if any. It does not mention when and where exactly in the code the memory leakage has occurred but gives a reference to it.

Basically Memory leak detection & fixing is a part of devlopment effort. Once a module is completed the developer of the module has to perform unit testing on his/her side and see if all the meory related issues have been resolved or not.
  • Hey this is what i would also like to know.Very good quetions!Awesome.
This reply was deleted.
Welcome to Mobile QA Zone, a Next Generation Software Testing Community.Invite your friends to join this community.Write to us to become a featured member.